Sunday, March 7, 2010

10 Things You Need To Eat

I love to cook, and I love to find great, healthy recipes that taste great. I saw this cook book, 10 things you need to eat, highlighted on Good Morning America, and decided I had to have it. Two cooks took 10 super foods that are cheap and easy to find and created 10 recipes with each, using cheap, easy to find ingrediants. Each chapter details the history and health benefits of the food. Not only is it interesting, but the food is REALLY good! There's definately something for everyone in this book! I've read the entire book, and so far have cooked lentil quesadillas, avocado chocolate mousse, pecan meringues, turkey and lentil chili, and beet and chocolate cupcakes, just to name a few! I've found it really fun because some of these foods-like beets- I've never cooked with. And some of the foods -like avocados and lentils- I only 1 or 2 ways of cooking.

I would definately recommend this book to everyone! I'll leave you with a picture of my Seared Salmon with Braised Fennel and a Blackberry Sauce!

No comments: