Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Boulder Half Marathon

Sunday morning was a pretty big deal for me- my first Half Marathon! Running a half has been a  goal of mine for a while. However, there really weren't many races, if any, in West Virginia. Luckily, there's no shortage of races in Colorado!! My friend Erin has helped me train and I couldn't have done it without her!! (This would be my amazing friend adopting from Africa...Check out her blog here to see how you can support them!)

 Hanging out waiting for his momma to run by!




 Seriously, check out that view!!! It was a beautiful run!
Asher missed his momma during the run!

In some ways the race was easier than I expected, and in some harder. During the run I didn't think I'd want to run another half, but when it was done and over it seems doable to do it again! Erin joined me for the last 6 miles, which really helped to have her push me. My time was 2hrs 15min...slower than I had hoped, but not bad for my first! Now I start training for the spring half!

No comments: