Friday, March 2, 2012

Bittersweet

Boxes are packed. Moving van is here. Suitcases are packed. Cars are ready to go. Moving day is tomorrow.

I can't deny that I'm happy to be heading closer to family. BUT the people here have become my family as well, and it's so hard to say goodbyes. I've said it over and over....I never expected to feel so at home this far from 'home.' Our church here is so amazing and they have taught us and changed us in so many ways. I'm not the person I was when I moved here and I have my friends and church family to thank.

Our friends here have loved us so much. They welcomed us with open arms. Words can not express how much I appreciate them. They have loved on Asher as if he were their own. We've seen marriages, babies, new houses, and a few struggles as well. Having been through so much with this group of friends, makes it that much harder to leave.

On the other hand, in 3 short days we will be back at home in Mo. Asher will be loved on by aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and great grandparents. I get to celebrate my birthday at home for the first time in 3 years. I will have some time to catch up with friends that I didn't see at Christmas.

So, while I rejoice for what is to come; I can't help but to mourn what we're leaving.

No comments: