Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Conversations with a 2 year old

I love hearing Asher's thoughts and opinions. We've had some great conversations lately, and I just don't want to forget them so I'm putting them here.

We were driving home the other day and I could tell he was getting sleepy. So I was talking just trying to keep him awake when one of my favorite Sanctus Real songs came on the radio.
Me: Oh, I like this song. It's one of my favorites. Do you like it Asher?
Long pause....
Asher: uh...I like Up Up Up can you play Up Up Up?? (That would be the new Fall Out Boy song)

I didn't really expect him to start demanding which music we play already, but he does fairly often.


Chris gave Asher a handful of coins from Taiwan to play with the other day, along with a quarter.
Asher: (holds up the quarter) is this George Washington?
Chris: yes
Asher: (holds up a Taiwanese coin) is this George Washington?
Chris: no
Asher: Is it Papa? (Papa is what he calls Chris' dad)
Not sure who's on the Taiwanese coin, but I'm pretty confident it isn't Chris' dad.

Today we were going for a walk and there is currently a plague of grasshoppers on the paths that we walk. They literally cover the paths and jump towards you and into the grass as you walk. We were at the end of our walk so Asher is out walking in front of the stroller. He wanted to run so he's running in front and I'm jogging behind him, so he's dispersing all the grasshoppers as he goes and he yells 'Scuse (excuse) me, Scuse me bugs! Asher's running!'


I'm so loving this age! He makes us laugh constantly and keeps us on our toes. Our life would be so boring without him!
Also, I adore this picture because it captures him so well....and the fact that he rarely stops moving!



No comments: