Thursday, May 5, 2011

Garden Take 3

Remember this post? Well, that was an epic fail....turns out when you leave town for a month and your husband doesn't weed the garden, it's pretty much unsalvagable. I couldn't tell what was weeds and what were plants, so I ended up mowing over the entire thing. So that was two years ago.

Then last year if you remember this post, I just did a couple plants to see how that turned out. Obviously, the few plants I had didn't produce a lot, but I deemed them a success since they were easy to keep alive and gave us some veggies!

Now we come to my 2011 attempt at gardening, and I'm going a little bigger again this year. Since I won't be going home in June for a month as usual (seeing as how that's when baby Liu is due); I decided it'd be easier to do a bigger garden again.


Here's everything ready to go in. It's not huge, but there will be much more than last year, and hopefully ease our produce budget. We're planted a combo of seeds, plants, and plant roots.

And here it all is in the ground!! This year we planted a combo of different sweet peppers, tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, and strawberries.

I'll keep you posted on how it all goes this year!!

No comments: